Tips for Buying
- Do your research. There are many online resources that will let you see previous sales, median values.
- Work out your budget. Have you spoken to a bank or broker, if not a pre-approval at the minimum a feasibilty with your current circumstance (income vs lifestyle). There is no point falling in love with a property to find out that you just cannot afford it.
- Be clear on what you need. Proximity to schools, access to public transport, shopping and entertainment hubs, proximity to work (how long will it take by car or public transport) - all of these rank differently to each person depending on your circumstance
- Consider neighbouring suburbs. The next suburb over could be more affordable, sometimes a short drive can also mean an upgrade in house / land.
- Talk to the experts. Being in the industry, most agents live and breathe real estate and are more than happy to help.